Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Kids Are Alright - my review

I absolutely loved this episode! It was another great introduction to Season 3 and I know this season is just going to get better and better.

Here's a summary of the episode: Sam & Dean track down changelings that are pursuing mothers and their children. A boy they protect bears a strange resemblance to Dean, which at first makes Dean uncomfortable because he once had a one-night stand with the boy's mother Lisa.

This episode was personal yet had that creepy feeling to it that we all love. Dean with a kid - kind of crazy, huh? I did love Ben though! He was so adorable and I loved how he was a mini-Dean. He dressed like Dean, acted like him, and even had his same taste in music. "AC/DC rocks"....so cute! So Ruby: I was a little shocked to see that she's a...DEMON! Yep...a demon! Sam was all ready to kill her ass but then she mentioned she could help Dean out of his deal, Sam seemed to losen up lol. I like her though! She's mysterious and she adds flare to the show.

My highlight of the show was seeing Ben though. I kind of wish he'd be on another episode this season. Dean is great with kids! And when Ben was walking away with his Mom and then ran back to hug Dean: AWWW! - that was my favorite part in the whole episode...so cute!

Another thing: the kids in this episode were so CREEPY! That one little girl (Katie?) totally freaked me out! This episode had a lot of good actors in it. It's definitely one of my favorite episodes to date! I can't wait for next week's!

My favorite quotes from The Kids Are Alright -

Dean: What? Someone had to teach him to kick a bully in the nads.

Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?
Dean: She was a yoga teacher. That was the bendiest weekend of my life!

Sam: [trying to cover up his phone call] Oh, I was just ordering pizza.
Dean: Dude, you do realize that you’re in a restaurant?
Sam: Yeah! Oh, yeah, yeah... [lamely] I just felt like pizza, y’know?
Dean: Okay...Weirdy McWeirderton.

Dean: Come on, smile, Sam. God knows I'm going to be smiling after 24 hours with Gumby girl. [chuckles] Gumby Girl...does that make me Pokey?

Ruby: [eating a french fry] Hmmm, these are amazing. It's like deep fried crack.

No comments: