Tuesday, October 09, 2007

They may have lost...but I'm still PROUD!

The Yankees battled...and battled. They made it close last night...but not close enough. In each of the 4 games they played, I thought I was going to have a heart attack! The game started off rough and when a team is down 4-0 early on, that can never be a good sign. The Yankees made is 4-1 (with a Derek Jeter single!) but the Tribe answered back with runs 5 and 6, making it 6-1. The Yankees scored again when Robinson Cano hit a solo HR, making it 6-2. The Yankees hit the ball...just not in the same inning or when anyone was in scoring position! They had 12 hits for crying out loud! Arod smacked a HR in the 7th inning making it 6-3. Then they scored again (and for the last time) in the bottom of the 9th when Bobby Abreu hit a HR. Final score = 6-4. It was a good season boys. I'm proud to say I'm a Yankees fan. I'm proud that they made it as far as they did. Let's do it again next year (except go all the way next time haha). Oh, and side note: they better keep Joe Torre!

No comments: