Sunday, January 02, 2011

2011 has arrived.

Oh hello 2011; where did you come from? It only feels like yesterday that it was 2010. Well, actually that was two days ago. I'm welcoming 2011 with open arms. I need something exciting to happen this year. In a romantic sense? Work sense? Friend sense? I'm sensing something.

Well, here we go again...my 2011 resolutions:

1. Meet a [great] guy. That would be fabulous, however, that could take a while. I don't exactly know a lot of guys to begin with (dang college major of mine), and I'm not the go-out-and-meet-guys type either. That "resolution" could prove to be difficult to master. Maybe he'll just land on my doorstep like a lost puppy?
2. Lose some weight. Oh yes, the typical resolution is back! It never gets old resurrecting that wish for the new year.
3. Get a teaching job. I have a full-time job currently (still working with kids), but it's not what I want to do for the rest of my life. I wouldn't mind having another go at it next year, however, that would mean I didn't get a teaching job [again]. Hmm, tough to call. The working world is a tough world to live in.
4. Get my ears pierced. Yep, I'm 22 (almost 23 - next week!), and I still don't have my ears pierced. It was a goal of mine to get them pierced in 2010, and well, it never happened. I guess I should also whip open a can of "motivation" while I'm at it.
5. Learn how to play chess. That was one of my New Year's resolution from last year, but like getting my ears pierced, it did not happen. Let's try again this year.
6. Write in my blog more. There, I said it.

And there you have it folks. I'm sure I'll want to do a lot more stuff in 2011, but frankly, I'm tired, and I can't think of anymore "resolutions" at the moment.

I'll just have to wait and see what the year 2011 brings me.

No comments: